EmpowerOne Excellence is a home school supervisor services for parents who wish to home school their students and wish for ILIA to supervise their home schooling instead of their local school district as governed by Code of Maryland Regulations 13A.10.01. These regulations set forth the home schooling parameters that must be followed by parents/guardians who desire to teach a child at home. The regulations also establish a procedure for the local superintendent of schools or the head of a certified nonpublic school or religious institution supervising the home schooling to determine if a child participating in a home schooling program is receiving regular, thorough instruction during the school year in the studies usually taught in the public schools to children of the same age.
In this case ILIA acts as the supervisor through its EmpowerOne Excellence home schooling supervision program.
EmpowerOne Excellence Coordination with Local School Superintendent
EmpowerOne Excellence will annually verify with the local superintendent of schools the identification of home schooled children whose instruction is continuing under its supervision, the identification of newly added home schooled children under its supervision, and the identification of home schooled students whose instruction is no longer under its supervision.
EmpowerOne Excellence will also notify the local superintendent of schools if a change occurs during the school year in the status of a home schooled student whose instruction is under its supervision.
EmpowerOne Excellence is currently offered for grades 1 – 12 for both genders. Additional leadership development and educational programs are available for students grades 4 and above, and boys in middle and high school can also leverage other offerings at ILIA. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org and mention EmpowerOne Excellence in the subject line.
EmpowerOne Excellence will meet with the parents as follows
- A pre-enrollment conference with parents/guardians
- Review meeting of textbooks, lesson materials, and other instructional materials or equipment designed to be used independently by the student at a site other than a school
- Annual visits by supervisory personnel to the site where the student is receiving instruction
- Conferences with parents/guardians at appropriate intervals during the period of enrollment.
EmpowerOne Excellence is offered at ILIA’s 4903 Liberty Heights location. Shuttle services are available for students who wish to attend from remote locations for an extra fee.
Enrollment for the 2015/2016 academic year is still open, students need to complete a registration form. Interested families should contact email@example.com for further details. Registration are listed in the registration link and is non-refundable.
The EmpowerOne Excellence Difference
- Access to ILIA’s resources and leadership development programming
- Extra advisory meeting and consultation throughout the year via phone or email
- Each student receives a full 2-hr orientation on success tips from college admissions to curriculum review
- Access to ILIA’s internships, coaching and mentoring programs
Interested in Learning More
Please contact us using this form for additional questions.
Upcoming Events for EmpowerOne Students
Visit the EmpowerOne Excellence events page for details