EmpowerOne Academy is a middle and high school that caters to male students from grades 6-12. The school is equipped to work with students of all academic levels and students diagnosed or undiagnosed with ADHD. All students interested in an integrated experiential and service learning environment are encouraged to apply.
Students generally possess average to superior cognitive abilities as measured by the Wechsler Intelligence Scales (WISC or WAIS). Attributes of EmpowerOne academy student profile include well-developed reasoning and comprehension skills with relative weaknesses in processing speed and working memory.
The school is NOT equipped to meet the needs of students with these primary behaviors or clinical disorders:
- Developmental disabilities
- Psychotic Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Aggressive/assault behaviors requiring restraint/Behavior Disorders
- Sexual Perpetrator
- Conduct disorder (DSM-IV criteria which include: lack of regard for the rights of others, no remorse, cruelty to animals, fire starter, bullies and threatens others, etc.)
- Requires routine physical restraint to control own behaviors
- Current pattern of self-harm behaviors
- Pattern of runaway behaviors
- Intermittent Explosive Disorder